Sunday, February 8, 2009

My somewhat adventurous side

Saturday night we stopped at China King to eat while in Tyler. It has been a while since we had Chinese food. There was quite a lot to choose from. The sesame chicken was good and so was the fried calamari. But there was this one particular item I hadn't tried before, small octopus.

Doesn't it look yummy sitting there on my plate?

I cut it in half and ate the head part first. Rance looks a little skeptical. Or maybe he was trying to figure out why in the world his sister would be taking a picture of me while eating.

The tentacles were all curled up around my lip, kind of a weird feeling. The whole thing was rather chewy. AND, it tastes like chicken!

Now, what are some of the unusual things y'all have eaten before?

5 comments:

JMass said...

Those poor baby octupus! Frog legs are the weirdest thing I've ever tried......

JMass said...

octopus....sorry...spelling error

Keri said...

I would have to include alligator tails and eel in a caterpillar roll to my list.

Jenna said...

Yuck!:) I try to stay away from strange foods! I think I will ride a roller coaster of something like that to please my adventerous side! I do love Asain food though...the rest of it looked good.

Andi said...

Yucky I would not even have the guts to try that! Of course I don't try to much of anything just ask Flo...haha!