Prep Time:15 min
Total Time:35 min
Makes:4 servings, two enchiladas each
Total Time:35 min
Makes:4 servings, two enchiladas each
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cooked small chicken breasts (about 1 lb.), shredded
1 cup TACO BELL Thick 'N Chunky Salsa, divided
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) Cream Cheese, cubed
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 cup Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
8 Flour Tortillas
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Heat large skillet spayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Add chicken, 1/4 cup of the salsa, cream cheese, cilantro and cumin; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese; mix well.
SPOON about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining 3/4 cup salsa and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until heated through.
This is what we had tonight. I got the recipe from Kraftfoods.com. I did alter the ingredients a little though. I used garlic powder instead of minced, parsley instead of cilantro. Why? B/c I didn't have cilantro and parsley flakes seemed like the closest thing to it and it was green. Next, instead of Taco Bell salsa I would have used Van De Walle Farms salsa (very good) but the store was out or they stopped carrying it. I don't care for Taco Bell, or Pace. I opted to try a new brand, Voo Doo Bayou Backwoods Magic mild salsa. Yes, it's made in Louisiana. It is a little sweeter than I prefer but not bad. Overall, everyone liked it. I would recommend reducing the bake time to 10 minutes. At 15, the tortillas were a little tough on the bottom.






1 comments:
These look yummy! Thanks for the help with my Blog, the problems are now fixed :)
Post a Comment