Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm back...

...for a trial run, to see if the unwanted visitors are gone. Spam really stinks. And maybe even some of the kinks got worked out while I was on a hiatus.

As you know, Lena has been gone for about a month now. It has been a bigger adjustment with her leaving than when she first arrived. We all miss soo much. I will try to keep everyone up to date on her and her family, mainly her mom. She has had four treatments now which still make her very weak and tired. Please continue to pray for her health.

It is summer but I have yet to slow down enough to feel like it's vacation time. This summer will more than likely be a staycation. The pool construction has slowed a bit. Right now we are waiting for the ground to be smoothed out and the inside of the pool to be finished, then the fence around the pool. Also, to have the pool filled. Not sure how long it takes to fill +/- 20,000 gallons.

VBS was fun and tiring. Lots of work went into getting everything ready and everyone did such a great job. Problem is, I really dislike taking down the decorations. Not because of the work, but because all the creativity is gone. It literaly makes me sad to see it go. Thanks Kasey for keeping some of it up for a little while longer. 

Soon Bri and I will be headed for Guatemala. I have mixed emotions about this trip. Naturally the thought of leaving behind your children is difficult for most moms. We are travelling out of the country. Not real sure what to expect for that. Just praying everything goes smoothly. Flying alone is a big issue for me. I was in first grade the first and last time I flew. That's over 30 years ago. Yea, gave away my age on that one. I am looking forward to doing our part in helping get a new church started. We will be doing lots of walking. So far the forcast has been high 70's and low 60's and rain the whole time. I went ahead and bought some ponchos just in case. And I plan on using them. Rain or not, I am ready to get out there and walk, visiting door to door. And giving our testimony. So, please be praying for safe travels and lives changed. Hopefully, I will be able to post here or on FB to keep everyone, who wants to know, updated. I am unable to use my phone and it was highly recommended to just leave it at home. I went without it the whole week of youth camp, so I will be somewhat OK doing it there. Somewhat.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Glad you are back!! Praying for you and Bri as y'all head out to minister! I know God has great things planned for you girls...how cool that you get to go on a mission trip with your daughter!!

JMass said...

I'm excited to hear about all that God did through your faithfulness!