Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Break Day 4

New beach. No, not nude beach, NEW beach. I know what y'all were thinking.
After the last hurricane, pretty much all of the beach front houses were considered condemned and torn down. Now the houses are street front with beach access. Surfside had tons and tons of sand brought in and rocks placed to help keep the erosion down. 
Setting up our spot. 
The wind made it kinda chilly so the girls had to adjust before getting up and having fun. 
Of course the boys were digging in no time at all. 
Love this picture. 
No Rance! I said go in the water to do that, not pull your pants down. Bri was such a big help, after she stopped laughing. But then I am sitting there taking pictures of the whole thing. Ha!
The tide brought in so many man of wars that they literally littered the beach. We couldn't step without looking down to make sure we missed them with each step. There were some as small as quarters.
A full size one next to Colton's hand. 
The tentacles on a man of war can get as long as 165 feet. They sting about the same as a jelly fish. The tentacle floats along under water and is hard to see. The venom extends the whole length of the tentacle, not just the tip. The one pictured above only shows a little bit of the length. It had just washed up on shore when I took the the picture. I guessed the length of this one to be about 10 feet. We could see the tops of them floating in the surf. That's when playtime was restricted to sand only. Yikes! 
Self portrait. Most of our trips have pictures of the scenery and the kids. Very few pictures of me are taken, so I have decided that I will have to do it myself. And here ya go. And with my new shades.
Digging a really deep hole. 
Big enough to put Colton in. 
And bury, while Lena jumps up and down to make sure the sand is packed. He couldn't get out on his own.

This concludes our Spring Break in Pictures.
Hope you enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed sharing them.

0 comments: