Saturday, October 11, 2008

Perth, Australia

Now I know some of you are wondering what this post could be about. I have never been to Australia. I have always wanted to visit there and also Italy. I have never been out of the US before. From the pictures I have seen and articles I have read over the years, both places look spectacular. But for now, I will be happy knowing that someone in Australia cares enough to think about others, including myself. I came across a blog a few months ago. Another person who has a story. Another story with heartbreak. Another story of strong faith in God and family to help them persevere. And in all of this, still takes the time to do for others. I was brought to tears when I opened my email the other day and saw this:



Photos from Burns Beach in Australia.
This photo is for the ones I never saw but hold close to my heart.

While about to take the photo, a little ladybug landed on one of the hearts.

I looked up ladybug and found a correlation to the Virgin Mary. Etymology says this: probably from its seven spots being considered a symbol of the seven sorrows of the Virgin Mary.

I know, I am no way comparable to Mary, but I know how she must have felt.


These photos were taken by Carly. She has been doing this task for so many others who have lost a child or children or know someone who has. She sets aside time 3 days a week to venture out to write names in the sand for people she has never met and probably never will. So if you will, please visit her blogs:

http://scarletriver26.blogspot.com/

http://www.namesinthesand.blogspot.com/



3 comments:

JMass said...

That is amazing, Keri! Such a special thing.

Carly Marie said...

Thank you for writing so many kind words Keri,

Bless you x

JMass said...

Thinking of you today......