1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 can -8oz- tomato sauce
1 can -14 oz- kidney beans, undrained
3/4 c water
1 pkg -8oz- corn muffin mix
1 c shredded cheese
1/4 c sliced green onions
Brown meat in large skillet on m-h heat. Drain fat. Stir in seasoning mix, tomato sauce, beans and water. Bring to boil.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package. Drop small spoonfuls of batter over meat. Cover, cook on low 15 minutes or until cornbread is cooked through. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Cover, cook on low until cheese is melted.
Everyone really liked this one. I got it out of the Brookshires in store paper. I forgot the cheese when I took the picture but you get the idea. Make sure you read the muffin mix ingredients when buying everything. This recipe is basically chili and cornbread all in one.






1 comments:
Looks good! I am feeling Flo's pain...it seems like I haven't really gotten to just talk to you lately. I think a girls night is over due!!
Post a Comment