Monday, April 7, 2008

It was a busy week

Sorry for taking so long to update. We had something going on everynight last week. Revival for 4 nights plus track practice started off the week. By Thursday, I was disappointed that the Revival had ended. But we had softball practice till 9:15. Friday was a long driving day. Trevor and I drove to Tyler to meet Colton's class at the zoo but that got rained out. We were able to take him with us and headed to Canton for First Monday. One of my favorite things to do if only we were feeling better. Trevor picked up a bow and some arrows for the annual knife and hawk throw. Then we drove back to Malakoff. After a little while at home, Rance and I went to the Distict Track Meet to watch Bri. She placed 4th in the 800 and 3rd in the mile relay (she gets a medal for that). Trevor came up later and got Rance and I was able to stay longer, in the cold. I remember track being warm and sunny and all of us trying to get a tan while waiting for our next event. Saturday and Sunday started off earlier than I wanted them to. Trevor and Colton went to the throw first thing. Colton placed 7th in his division. I'm not sure what Trevor did. Overall, there were 78 people throwing this year, and it is considered a world record in Guinness 2008.



Trevor throwing & Padge judging.

Bailee P, 5 years old.


Colton showing off his 3 point card. Hit it dead center!


Colton and Bailee



2 comments:

Andi said...

Pretty impressive throw there for Colton! Have a great week!

Flo and Grace said...

You guys were brave to stay out in that cold....Grace had had enough of it! Me,too.....
FF