Friday, February 22, 2008

OUCH! That looks like it hurts!

Before I logged on today, I was thinking of what to blog about. Rance gave me an idea. Unfortunately for him! He was playing in his room this morning, as he does every morning after Bri and Colton go to school. He was going around the room, from toy to toy, while I was about 10 feet away on the computer. Next thing I hear is a big thud and crying. Real crying, loud crying, heart piercing crying. I quickly turned and jumped over the baby gate to scoop him up. At first I couldn't get a good look at the damage for he was laying his little head on my shoulder. I held him close and loved on him then sat him up to check things out. WOW! What a knot! Right between the eyes. He fell on the corner of the toy box. I sat him in my lap and tried to put some ice on it to keep the swelling down but all he wanted to do was suck on the ice cube. He didn't cry long and was ready to get down and continue to play. The pic doesn't show anything near what the real bruise looks like. If he doesn't have a black eye, or eyes for that matter, I will be surprised.











0 comments: