Friday, October 8, 2010

From little girl to young lady...

This is Bri's bathroom for about the last 4 years or so. Being a teen, she was ready for a more grown up look. We tossed around ideas like zebra stripe, but she thinks that has been over done. While on vacation she found a design on a lamp that's called baroque. So I started my internet search for wall stickers, cuz I really didn't want to paint something like that. We came across a site called Modern Wall Graphics. They have several designs to choose from and she picked a goth swirl. Besides being a reusable wall sticker, you can have it in pretty much any color you want. There are a rainbow of choices.
The stickers are randomly placed on a sheet then they have to be cut out separately, like the pic below.
Once cut apart, the white backing is removed and the piece is placed on the wall. This is where we had trouble. The stickers do stick on the slightly textured walls but I think they would work a whole lot better on a smooth wall. Once in place the sticker is smoothed out with the tool provided.  Then the clear top coating is removed.
And you have wall art. Random, orange, and cute. She likes it. There isn't any set instructions on placing the goth design, so it took a while to figure out the best looking design.
Fini

1 comments:

BeechemBrightSpots said...

Looks great! You are so creative & talented! I love it! Kim