Monday, January 12, 2009

Finally

I know a lot of you are on pins and needles about the wet bar progress. Well, the painting has been done for a couple of months now and I am just getting to update. (birthdays and holidays took over any spare time) I chose a color called Slice. Not sure how they came up with that one but it works. I still haven't decided to use the glaze or not. Maybe I will do a test area just to see. It sure would bring out the texture. I chose a flush mount light to replace to bun warmers. They put off just the right amount of light.
Next is the floor. I spent a couple of hours one Saturday scraping the backing and glue off the slab from the old linoleum. What a pain, and then to see there are gouges in the slab that need to be filled. So much for staining. Looks like it will have to be painted instead. Any other flooring option will cause to much of a transition from the brick. Right now, both floors are level. IDK, maybe I could get away with staining it. We'll see.

2 comments:

Carly Marie said...

Looks like it is going to be beautiful, love the colour! Slice..... hm I feel like a slice of cake now!

JMass said...

Lookin' good! Can't wait to see the finished product.