Today we did what many others chose to do on Memorial Day, take the boat out on the lake. While the brisket and grilled corn were cooking, Trevor, Colton, Bri, Sadie, Rance, myself, and of course Spike, headed out this afternoon on the pontoon boat. We rode around for awhile sight seeing. It has been a very long time since we were able to go out on the lake. I can't remember exactly how long ago it has been, but I know we were able to go out maybe once back in 2006 before the lake went way down. We had a dry creek bed out back. Last year I didn't go at all since Rance wasn't really big enough to fit properly in the life jacket. How can they label an infant jacket for sizes 0-50 pounds? Seriously people. Anyway, it was nice to be on the lake again. This was Rance's first boat ride. He really enjoyed himself except for, you guessed it, the life jacket. Sure, he fits in it but when he tried to sit down, it pushed up under his chin. The water wasn't too bad either. I believe the temp was around 62*. I could stand it only to about thigh deep. The kids swam way out to about chest deep. Rance also wasn't to keen on playing in the water, but seemed content digging in the sand.







1 comments:
Looks like we all had fun on the lake!
Post a Comment